Big Data, Big Trend
Big Data is an important megatrend:
Companies such as Google, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are using their vast information to discover things that are definitely not obvious, and may even challenge our common sense. Some initiatives like Recorded Future or StreamBase try to predict the future while events like a plane crash were first pointed out on Twitter. One of the funniest blogs about big data is on OKCupid which mines information about relationship matching and can discover connections between orgasms and exercise.
Sharing Data Science Blogs
Following is an OPML file with 228 data science related blogs: Data Science Blogs in OPML format.
- Can Twitter Predict the Future? [economist.com]
- Infographic: The Potential of Big Data [getsatisfaction.com]
- What are the best blogs about data? Why? [quora.com]
- A Look at Google’s Prediction Market [wsj.com]
- Prediction market [wikipedia.org]
- IA Ventures: VC focused on Big Data [iaventures.com]
- Building Data Startups [oreilly.com]
- Mining the Web to Predict Future Events [research.microsoft.com]